1. It's the 56th animated Disney movie!
That means if you watched one a week it would take over a year to get through them all!
2. Maui is based on demi-god Māui
Māui is important mythical figure in Polynesian culture. He's a powerful demi-god whose adventures form a lot of Polynesian traditions.
3. The way Maui looks is based on The Rock's grandfather!
The Rock, who voices Maui, comes from a long line of Samoan wrestlers. In fact, the appearance of Maui in the film was based on The Rock's grandfather. Although most of the film is computer animated, Maui's moving tattoos are hand-drawn.
4. They used real pigs for the voice of Pua
5. Heihei is the dumbest Disney character
Heihei the rooster has been described by the film's director as "the dumbest character in the history of Disney animation".
6. Fly with Moana
Hawaiian Airlines painted characters from the film on three of their planes to celebrate the film coming out
7. 16 year old Auli'i Cravalho from Hawaii is the voice of Moana
Hundreds of people auditioned to be the voice of Moana and Auli'i was the last person to audition