9 Things You Might Not Know About the Power Rangers!
Amaze your friends with these awesome facts
We love the Power Rangers! Here are 9 awesome facts about them, from the original TV series to the latest film!
1. Power Rangers was based on a Japanese TV show called Super Sentai!
Did you know that 'sentai' is the Japanese word for 'fighting squadron'? We didn't.
2. It was originally called Dino Rangers!
While Dino Rangers sounds just as cool, the show was changed to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers – right at the last minute!
3. The actors often did their own stunts!
Pink Ranger Amy Jo Johnson said 'it was very dangerous'
4. Some of those action scenes were taken from the original Japanese show!
5. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles starred in one TV episode!
We're not joking! The episode was called Shell Shocked. Get it? Shell... shocked. Right.
6. Actor Bryan Cranston's has been in more than one Power Rangers film!
Bryan, who plays Zordon in the new film, also voiced the monsters Twin Man and Snizzard in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
7. The first Blue Ranger was also named after the actor!
Although they changed his name to Billy
8. Lots of people have played the Pink Ranger!
14 actresses have played the Pink Ranger in total, the latest being Naomi Scott who stars in the new film
9. The voice of actor Alpha may sound familiar...
The comedy actor Bill Hader is the voice of Alpha in the new film and he was also the voice BB-8 on the Star Wars film The Force Awakens!
BB-8 would probably say, 'Beeeeep-beep-booooop', which is 'that is a cool fact, thank you'.