7 Facts You Need to Know about LEGO!
Check out these interesting facts
1. LEGO as we know it was created in 1958. Before that the company made wooden toys and toy cars.
The name LEGO comes from the Danish phrase “leg godt” meaning “play well”
2. If you have eight 2x4 bricks, there are a lot of different ways you can combine them. In fact, there are 915 million different ways.
That’s… That’s so many ways
3. More than 4 billion minifigs have been made since they were introduced in 1978. That sounds like a lot until you realise that over 560 billion bricks have been made!
5 HUNDRED AND 60 BILLION! 560,000,000,000! So many zeroes!
4. Every year, across everyone in the world, over 5 billion hours are spent playing with LEGO
Half of that must be on Christmas afternoon alone!
5. Scientists once tested how many times you could stick 2 pieces of LEGO together then unstick them before they’d break. They ended up doing it 37,000 times!
6. Different sizes and types of LEGO all fit together. Duplo is eight times the size of LEGO, while a minifig is 4 bricks high.
7. LEGO is the world’s biggest tyre manufacturer, making more (small) tyres every year than actual tyre companies
If you liked this, then you should try watching Who Will Win the One-armed LEGO Challenge?