Harry Potter Secrets
11 facts about the Harry Potter movies you never knew!
1. In the first film, all the food in the dining room is real
But the food went bad really quickly from the studio lights and smelt so bad they couldn't do it for future films. YUCK!
2. Some cars were injured in the making of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
14 flying Ford Anglias were ruined while they tried to film the scene where Harry and Ron crashed into the Whomping Willow
3. Ron Weasley's fear of spiders goes beyond the movies
Just like his character, actor Rupert Grint is petrified of spiders!
4. You don't see Harry's legs in the Yule Ball scene
This is because actor Daniel Radcliffe ran out of time to have dance classes!
5. It was so difficult to film the seven Harrys in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows that it took 90 takes to film
6. A huuuuge collection of wand boxes were hand-made and written to fill Ollivander's wand shop
Around 17,000 in total!
7. The most magic number in the wizarding world is... err...7
7 keeps on coming up in the movies because it's the most powerful number in all of magic. There's 7 Harrys in The Deathly Hallows, 7 players on a Quidditch team, 7 snakes on the Chamber of Secrets door, 7 Weasley children and, of course, there's 7 Harry Potter books!
8. It took six months to train the owls to carry letters
Totally worth it!
9. The Knight Bus was made from 3 old London buses
It had to be weighed down so it didn't topple over
10. The outside shots of Hogwarts were filmed using a model
The detailed model is used in all the films and took 7 months to make (it's that magic 7 again!)
11. They went through 160 pairs of Harry's glasses by the end of the series
And Harry alone went through over 60 wands!