Whenever you’re planning a camping tip, it’s always important to plan properly. That way, you can keep safe and have fun. So who better to ask for tips than Max Woosey – the Boy in The Tent who spent over a year camping in his back garden! We asked Max to give us his best tips for a back garden camping trip to remember!
1. Always wrap up warm
It gets chilly in the middle of the night!
2. Always hide a snack!
I like to hide mine in my sleeping bag so mum can’t find it.
3. Careful where you put your tent.
I once put mine on an ants nest and they tried to eat me for their tea! Make sure it’s nice and flat and dry.
4. Make sure you have fun
Ditch your parents and invite a friend over.
5. I like to take my dog Digby in with me to snuggle up to
6. Whatever you do, don’t forget your teddy.
I usually have about 6.
7. Make sure you peg your tent down properly
Pull the ropes nice and tight. You don’t want it to fall down in the middle of the night.
8. Make sure you have a comfy roll mat and pillow.
9. You will need a torch.
A head torch makes it easier.