There’s much mucus to be had in our top facts about sneezing.
We’ve brought together these fun facts about sneezing to bust myths and clue you up.
Sneezing’s snot funny, but these sneezing facts are… Wash your hands when you’re done!
1) You produce 2.5 pints of snot every day.
Oh, and you swallow most of it!
2) A single sneeze releases 100,000 germs into the air.
3) Germs can be blasted up to 5 feet away.
4) The world’s longest sneeze was by Donna Griffiths in Worcestershire.
She sneezed non-stop for 978 days!
5) When you sneeze, bacteria stays in the air for up to 45 minutes.
6) A sneeze can send germs flying out at up to 200 miles per hour!
Bonus cough fact: Turnips can cure coughs.
…we’d rather have the cough!