Have you ever wondered how many character's there are in Beano and which came first, Dandy or Beano? Read on to find out.
1. The word 'Beano' means 'a party'
According to the dictionary, a beano is 'a party or a good time'! So Beano on, dudes!
2. Dennis wasn't in the first Beano
Everybody's favourite rebel first sneaked into Beano No. 452 (although you can't tell from the cover, because he isn't on it!)
3. The first 3 artists to draw Dennis had the same name...
They were all called David!
4. The Dennis the Menace Fan Club had over a million members, including Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill!
The most popular part of the membership pack was the hairy Gnasher badge!
5. There are only 20 surviving copies of Beano No. 1 in the whole world
So if you find one in your gran's attic, it could be worth £20,000!
6. More than 400 characters have appeared in Beano
7. It takes about 25 people to make a Beano comic
That includes writers, artists, colourists and graphic designers
8. The man who draws The Bash Street Kids has been doing it since 1962
David Sutherland has been drawing them for over 60 years - bet his hand is aching!
9. Beano is the world's longest-running comic
And that's official!
10. The first cover star of Beano was an ostrich
He was called Big Eggo!
11. The Dandy came before the Beano
The Dandy was first published in December 1937 and The Beano was first published on 30 July 1938 - that's a looooooong time!