10 Nintendo Switch Facts
These Nintendo Switch Facts will blow your mind!
These Nintendo Switch facts are for tech geeks and Nintendo noobs alike. If you're a cutting edge gamer or a Nintendo Switch is on your Christmas wish-list then read on. Tech geeks might DARE take our Nintendo Switch Quiz or if that's too stressful you can always find out which Animal Crossing Character you are most like. Basically, there's quizzes, jokes or fun facts galore... Just click on a link, OK?
1. The Nintendo Switch controller is called a Joy-Con
Like a joy-stick meets a controller, yeah? These beauties come in a set of two and attach to the sides of your Nintendo Switch console, making it possible to play with a friend or family member in local multiplayer mode.
But that's not all! These Joy-Con are packed with amazing features including motion sensors, so you can use them like a Wii Remote to swing, flick, and twist your way through games. They've also got an infrared camera that can detect hand gestures and even the shape of objects, which makes for some great gameplay experiences.
2. Turn on your TV!
Did you know you can use your Joy-Con to turn on your TV? When you're having a relaxing weekend and the TV remote is out of reach, it's one of the best inventions around! Why you are watching TV when there's so many awesome games to play is another question! Here's how it works:
- First, you'll need to make sure that your TV is compatible with HDMI-CEC, which is a feature that allows different devices to communicate with each other over HDMI.
- Once you've confirmed that your TV supports HDMI-CEC, go to your Switch's HOME menu and select "System Settings."
- Scroll down and select "TV Settings," then select "Match TV Power State."
- Toggle the switch to "ON" to enable the feature.
- Now, when you turn on your Switch by pressing the Home button on your Joy-Con, your TV will automatically turn on as well. You can also turn off your TV by holding down the Home button for a few seconds.
It's a simple feature that can save you a few seconds of effort every time you want to start playing a game. Plus, it's a cool party trick that's sure to impress your friends! It's like magic!
3. Voice chat with friends
Did you know that the Nintendo Switch has a built-in voice chat feature that lets you talk to your friends while you play? That's right, it's a great way to stay connected and coordinate your gameplay tactics, all without having to type messages or use a separate app.
Here's how it works:
- First, you'll need to download the Nintendo Switch Online app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Once you've installed the app, open it up and log in with your Nintendo account.
- From there, you can create or join a voice chat session with other players who are also using the app.
- To use voice chat while playing a game on your Switch, you'll need to connect a compatible headset or earbuds to your smartphone or tablet. This will allow you to hear your friends and talk to them using the microphone on your headset.
- As you play, you can adjust the volume of the voice chat using the app, so you can hear your friends clearly without it interfering with the game audio.
It's a convenient and easy-to-use feature that's perfect for multiplayer games where communication is key. Just be sure to follow proper online safety guidelines and only chat with people you know and trust.
But be warned, while it's a great feature, it's sure to give you away when you're playing with your Nintendo Switch when you shouldn't be!
4. Find a lost Joy-Con
Are you always misplacing your Joy-Con controllers and struggling to find them? Well, fear not - the Nintendo Switch has got you covered with its handy Find Controller mode!
Here's how it works:
- First, make sure your Nintendo Switch is turned on and your Joy-Con are paired with the console.
- Go to the HOME menu and select "Controllers."
- Select "Find Controllers" and the Switch will start searching for any nearby Joy-Con that are turned on.
- If your Joy-Con are within range, they will start vibrating and making noise to help you locate them.
- Once you've found your Joy-Con, simply press any button on the controller to stop the vibration and noise.
It's a simple but effective feature that can save you a lot of time and frustration when you're trying to find a lost controller. Plus, it's a lot of fun to watch your Joy-Con go crazy as they try to get your attention!
So next time you can't find your Joy-Con, don't panic - just activate Find Controller mode and let the Switch do the work for you.
Very useful for those with a messy bedroom. Yes, I'm talking about you! And you. Yeah, you.
5. Make crazy sounds on the unlock screen
the Joy-Con for the Nintendo Switch can make a variety of fun and unique sounds? That's right, these little controllers are more than just buttons and joysticks - they're musical instruments in their own right!
Here are just a few of the sounds you can make with the Joy-Con:
- Button clicks: Each button on the Joy-Con makes a satisfying click when pressed, creating a rhythmic sound that can be used for percussion.
- HD Rumble: The Joy-Con's advanced haptic feedback system, known as HD Rumble, can create a wide range of tactile sensations. By using different patterns and intensities of rumble, you can create all kinds of interesting and unusual sounds.
- Motion controls: The Joy-Con's motion sensors can detect movement and orientation, allowing you to create sounds by waving the controller around or tilting it in different directions.
- Speaker: The Joy-Con has a small speaker built into it, which can play sound effects and music from the game you're playing. You can even use this speaker to create your own music or sound effects by programming the Joy-Con to play specific tones or patterns.
With a little creativity and experimentation, the Joy-Con can be a powerful tool for making music and sound effects. So go ahead, grab your controllers and start making some noise!
Clown horn, anyone? PARP!!
6. There's a secret message from Nintendo to superfans!
Did you know that there's a secret message hidden inside the Joy-Con for the Nintendo Switch? That's right, it's a fun little easter egg that you can uncover with just a few simple steps.
Here's how you can do it:
- Turn off your Nintendo Switch and detach your Joy-Con from the console.
- Hold down the small sync button on the back of the Joy-Con, then press and hold the SL and SR buttons at the same time.
- Keep holding the buttons down until the lights on the Joy-Con start flashing.
- Now, using another Joy-Con, press the sync button on the back of the second Joy-Con to connect the two.
- Once connected, press the buttons on both Joy-Con at the same time.
- Voila! A secret message will appear on the screen, written in a funky, pixelated font. What does it say? Well, we don't want to spoil the surprise, so you'll just have to try it out for yourself!
7. You can dance with a dog
One of the hidden easter-eggs on Nintendo Switch's "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" is the ability to do a cute dance with a dog. I bet you didn't imagine yourself doing that non-stop when you first turned on your Switch!
8. You can Pair Joy-Cons with an Android Phone, Mac, or PC
Not this kind of pear, of course. Here's how to pear, sorry, pair your Joy-Con on the Nintendo Switch with an Android Phone, Mac, or PC.
First things first, let's start with Android Phones. To pair your Joy-Con with an Android device, you will need to download the Joy-Con Enabler app from the Google Play Store. Once downloaded, open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Joy-Con to your phone. It's as easy as that!
Now, let's move on to Mac. To connect your Joy-Con to a Mac, you will need to use Bluetooth. Turn on Bluetooth on your Mac and then hold down the sync button on your Joy-Con until the lights start flashing. Then, go to your Mac's Bluetooth settings and select "Add Device." Your Joy-Con should show up as a device you can pair with. Click on it, and voila! Your Joy-Con is now paired with your Mac.
Lastly, let's look at pairing your Joy-Con with a PC. To do this, you will need a Bluetooth adapter or a USB-C to USB-A adapter. Once you have the adapter, turn on Bluetooth on your PC and hold down the sync button on your Joy-Con until the lights start flashing. Then, go to your PC's Bluetooth settings and select "Add Bluetooth or other device." Your Joy-Con should show up as a device you can pair with. Click on it, and you're good to go!
And there you have it, gang! Now you can enjoy your Joy-Con on multiple devices and take your gaming experience to the next level. Happy gaming!
9. You can check your battery life at any time
Even when you're playing a game! It's a very useful feature and easy to do.
First things first, make sure your Joy-Con are attached to your Switch console. Next, press the Home button on your Joy-Con or Switch Pro Controller to bring up the Quick Settings menu.
From there, you'll see a battery icon in the upper right corner of the screen. If your Joy-Con are connected, you'll see a separate battery icon for each one. The icon will show you the current battery level, indicated by a number between 0 and 100.
If you're using the Switch in handheld mode, you can also check the battery life of your Joy-Con by looking at the battery icon in the upper right corner of the Switch's screen. Again, you'll see a separate icon for each Joy-Con.
And that's all there is to it! Checking the battery life of your Joy-Con is a breeze, so you can keep on gaming without any worries!
10. Nintendo Switches were bought to England by the Normans, shortly after the battle of Hastings.
Or was that penguins!