The Greatest Showman Facts: 9 Things You Need to Know!
It's one of the best musicals of all time! Here are 9 The Greatest Showman facts you need to know...
The Greatest Showman is a musical starring Hugh Jackman, Michelle Williams, Zac Efron and Zendaya.
It tells the true story of the legendary circus ringmaster P.T. Barnum and the Swedish opera singer Jenny Lind and features one of the most fantastic movie soundtracks ever recorded.
Whether you've seen it yet or a planning to in the near future, here are 9 awesome facts about The Greatest Showman you absolutely, positively need to know right now!
1. Zendaya did all of her own trapeze stunts for the film!
It took her months of practice!
2. Hugh Jackman plays the real life PT Barnum
The ringmaster's initials stand for Phineas Taylor!
He once said: "To me there is no picture so beautiful as smiling, bright-eyed, happy children; no music so sweet as their clear and ringing laughter!"
He would have loved Beano!
3. The original Barnum & Bailey Circus ran for 146 years in real life
...but it closed for good in 2017 :(
4. The singer Jenny Lind was a real person
She did a show with PT Barnum for a while
5. Many of the costumes worn by the circus cast came from the real Barnum Circus!
We bet that made the wardrobe department's job a whole lot easier!
6. During the fire scene, some special effects got out of hand
The whole set burned down for real – Zac Efron was lucky not to be hurt
7. Rebecca Ferguson who plays opera singer Jenny Lind didn't actually sing in the movie!
Her voice is dubbed with a real life opera singer!
8. Keala Settle who plays the bearded woman Lettie Lutz was covered in purple slime!
This was to make a cast for her make up!
9. The last of our The Greatest Showman facts? Hugh Jackman wanted to make the movie for 7 years!
It took him that long to convince the big bosses that people wanted to see it!